The Body Learns To Move In The Patterns You Teach It …And Pain teaches the body to move differently.
The Pain Cycle
* Injury causes pain and tissue damage.
* Pain causes the body to compensate.
* The body compensates and adapts.
* The body moves differently to avoid pain.
* Unbalanced Motion and Poor Posture stresses muscles and joints causing injury.
Over time, this Pain Cycle of injury-pain-compensation-adaptation creates a vicious cycle of poor posture, adaptive body motion, increased bio-mechanical stress and degeneration.
The Good News ..
Changes In Posture & Motion Cause The Body To Change
“A body at rest tends to stay at rest. A body in motion tends to stay in motion”
Sir Isaac Newton, first law of motion(paraphrased)
The Motion Cycle
* Stable and Strong Good Posture promotes balanced motion. (Strong Posture exercise)
* Balanced and Full Motion allows joints and muscles to move in their normal range. (Ki-Hara Flexibility Training and Yoga)
* Normal and balanced motion allows Effective Exercise in an active lifestyle.
* Trained Muscles learn to be strong, flexible and in control for well-balanced, stable posture.
The Sit, Stand and Repeat Test
15 Ways To Feel Happier In a Hurry
Go To Classes When You Are Injured?
Try This Simple Test To Evaluate Your Posture
Is there anything you wanted as a child; but, you didn’t get? Don’t give up!
Different Theories – Who Do You Believe???
The Key To Success For Your New Year Resolutions
Breath and Stress – A RiversZen Reflection