Ayurvedic medicine has been used for more than 5,000 years to prevent illness and be supportive and healing if disease does arise. Since Ayurveda posits that all disease starts in the mind, it should come as no surprise that it pays a good deal of attention to mental as well as physical health.
We all get nervous from time to time, but if you constantly feel worried, often without any particular cause you can determine, or your nerves are holding you back from living a normal life, you could have anxiety disorder.
Many of us feel ‘down’ or ‘blue’ from time to time, but if you lose all interest in your usual activities and spend a lot of time feeling exhausted or sleeping a lot, it could be depression. And if you have had a baby recently, you might be suffering from post-partum depression.
In Ayurveda, there are 3 forms of mind-body energy, or doshas:
Vata - movement
Pitta - metabolism
Kapha - bodily structure
The goal is to keep them in balance. Vata people who are out of balance tend to be very anxious. Vata energy increases in most of us during the summer months, solstices and equinoxes.
Kapha energy is generally calm and slow, but when it is out of balance, the person can be plodding, sluggish, low energy and generally depressive. Kapha energy is strongest in the winter months.
Know your dosha
Once you know your dominant dosha and overall profile, you can follow an eating plan and use herbal remedies that will support your health. https://store.chopra.com/dosha-quiz
Ayurveda pays a good deal of attention to diet, so your first step would be to learn about what you can and can’t eat if you are trying to eat right for you type.
The second step would be to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner in order to draw up an overall treatment plan of herbs, yoga and other treatments.
Ayurveda believes illness can also be caused by inefficient elimination of toxins from the body, such as sweat, urine and excrement. A detox program designed for your dosha can help clear away these impurities, or malas, and restore your good health.
Meditation can calm the mind and restore positive, healthy thoughts. It can be done on its own, or as part of a yogic practice.
Herbs for mood disorders
Popular herbs for anxiety include:
L-Theanine, an amino acid found in green tea
Popular herbs for depression include:
Remember, even though they are natural, all herbs can carry a risk of side effects. Educate yourself about what to look out for so you can stay safe.
Stop chasing after evasive dreams and start LIVING the life designed just for you!
"Ayurveda 101-The Ancient Indian Path to Health"
The Ayurvedic approach worked 5,000 years ago, it works today, it will work tomorrow, and there is a very simple reason for this. It is based on every aspect of the human condition, everything that makes you uniquely you are. The reason why fad diets, crazy workout plans and modern mental health advice doesn't work for everyone is because we are all different.
If modern approaches to getting healthy haven't worked for you so far Your mind, body and emotional state all become healthier when you apply the simple techniques that have worked for thousands of years to create harmony, health and well-being for so many people.
CLICK HERE and you are just moments away from this powerful practice for life.
In this Special Course you'll discover ...
- The 5 elements of Ayurvedic medicine which hold the key to health and happiness in any area of your life.
- The different types of mind-body energy. (Unless you know which type you are, you will continue to struggle to become the person you know you can be.)
- Dietary guidelines formulated 5,000 years ago that succeed where modern dietary advice fails to keep you healthy.
- A personalized plan based on your unique characteristics that brings your mind, body and emotions in balance. (This holistic approach means physical, emotional and mental health and well-being, not just fixing one or two health problems.)
- Herbs and spices you probably have on your kitchen table or in your pantry right now that can deliver incredible health benefits.
- Dietary and nutrition advice you need to finally see the results that been eluding you, based on your unique energy type.
- Why you absolutely must consider your unique personality and environment, mental outlook and diet, lifestyle choices and personal relationships before you can ever realize the health, wellness and happiness you are looking for.
"Ayurveda 101-The Ancient Indian Path to Health"
If modern approaches to getting healthy haven't worked for you so far Your mind, body and emotional state all become healthier when you apply the simple techniques that have worked for thousands of years to create harmony, health and well-being for so many people. "Ayurveda 101-The Ancient Indian Path to Health" is available Individually or included with Membership at no additional charge